Book Your Vaccine
We are taking bookings for these COVID-19 Vaccines:
Astra Zeneca- available now!
Pfizer – available now!
All patients will need to call the medical centre to arrange for an appointment, please call us on 07 3879 7966.
Updated advice on the AstraZeneca vaccine
There has been a link established between the AstraZeneca vaccine and a syndrome called thrombosis with thrombocytopenia (TTS). This is an extremely rare, but serious, blood clotting syndrome. There appears to be a small risk of TTS in people 50 years and over, but this risk appears to be more common, although still rare, in younger people. In people aged 50 years and over, the benefit of vaccination with AstraZeneca outweighs the risks associated with vaccination.
You can find some helpful information on TTS in the following factsheet developed by the Department of Health. If you have any questions please book an appointment to talk to your doctor
The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) recommends the COVID-19 Comirnaty (Pfizer) vaccine as the preferred vaccine for people aged 16 to 59 years, but the AstraZeneca vaccine can also be provided to 18 to 59 year olds.
All residential aged care workers are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine regardless of age.If you work in residential aged care, you can contact the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080 and select option 4 for priority assistance and advice relating to booking your COVID-19 vaccine.
Pfizer is recommended for you if you are:
- Pregnant and/or
- 16-17 years of age. AstraZeneca is not approved for people under 18 at this stage
People aged 12-15 years of age are eligible to get vaccinated if they meet the following criteria:
- children with specified medical conditions
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander children
- children in remote communities, as part of community outreach vaccination programs
- People on National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and/or living with disability requiring frequent assistance with activities of daily living, including down syndrome, muscular dystrophy, traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, and severe intellectual disability